- Tuesday | August 9, 2022
- All Day
Course Name: The Eternal Challenge – The Limits of Science and the Linguistic Miracle of the Qur’an
You are either at work, university or watching a documentary. You can’t help but feel that Islam is being dismissed as irrational and incoherent.
You are not happy with what you find on the internet or what is available for you to learn on how to respond. So what do you do?
Well, iERA’s research team has developed a whole range of Islamic thought workshops to empower you with the right tools and concepts to successfully articulate the rational foundations of Islam.
The Eternal Challenge workshop has been designed to take you from not knowing anything about how to provide a strong case for the Qur’an to someone who can discuss it confidently with Professor Richard Dawkins.
- Is science the only way to truth?
- How do we understand science and revelation?
- What is a miracle?
- What is the intellectual challenge of the Qur’an?
- How do we respond to academic, orientalist and popular objections?
- What makes the Qur’an a literary miracle?
- What are the philosophical implications?
- How do we articulate the miracle to non-Arabs?
This workshop will cover:
1. The definition of science
2. The scientific method
3. The limitations of science
4. Issues in the philosophy of science
5. Islam and science
1. The definition of the Qur’an
2. The Qur’an makes you think
3. The intellectual challenge of the Qur’an
4. The linguistic inimitability of the Qur’an
5. Articulating the linguistic miracle to non-Arabs
6. The unique structure of the Qur’an
7. The Qur’an reveals lost knowledge
8. The multilayered and multilevelled approach in understanding natural phenomena in the Qur’an
9. The impact of the Qur’an
10. What does the Qur’an teach
Course Date: Saturday April 11th 10AM-6PM
Instructor: Ustadh Hamza Tzortzis (UK)
Course Location: ISGVF
958 North Valley Forge Road,
Devon, PA 19333, USA
Course Price: Adults: $35, Students (with valid ID): $10, Family: $50
In order to register for course you must be ages 12+ only.
Babysitting services are available on site (any age).
Financial aid is available if needed, please contact email@example.com for more information.
[hana-code-insert name='registerbutton' /]
Note: For Cash and Check payment methods
For those who wish to pay cash, you may either register online through our site, and bring your cash payment to the course (Cash or Check), or you may download the below form and bring it to the course along with payment.
For Credit Card Payment: Please register an account with us, and pay with your credit card or PayPal account.