The memorization of the Holy Qur’aan is one of the most virtuous actions that a believer can undertake. It is narrated that whosoever commits the Qur’aan to memory, will be ordered to recite and elevate through the levels of Paradise according to the number of verses they have memorized (Ahmad).
Application for admissions for the 2021-2022 school year is now open for academic year beginning in summer 2021 (Quran portion only), and secular education starting in September 2021.
To develop committed lifelong-learning Huffadh, who will memorize, understand, implement the Holy Qur’aan in their daily lives, and who will be contributing citizens and community leaders.
Tuition: $7,100 for full program including secular education (PALCS). $5,000 for Hifdh only
Secular Academics: Secular education is managed utilizing the state certified, award winning PALCS Program. More information can be found here:
Teachers: Ustadh Usama Baqai, Lead Hifdh Teacher. Secular Education will be facilitated be IQRA Academy full-time teachers.
Application Fee: $75
Program Calendar: All year long with 42-43 weeks per year of instruction. Major U.S. School holidays off. Flex vacation and Ramadan schedule with Hifdh classes continuing in the morning during the summer.
COVID-19 Contingency plan: In the event that any government mandate that would require closing of the school, the program will continue online during any potential outage. The mode of instruction would be online and the program will continue as scheduled.
- Boys and Girls 8+ (*Exceptions considered based on the maturity and ability of a student)
- Ability to read the Quran with fluency
- Ability to apply the rules of Tajweed (Summer Intensive Program will be available to bring students up to level)
- Successful passing of qualification examination and interview
- Parents must apply for the student and they must be accepted into PALCS (not applicable to hifdh only program)
- Dedicated parent involvement to support the child through the blessed journey
- Enrollment only available in August (Open enrollment all year long for Hifdh-Only program option)
- Memorize the entire Qur’aan with proper recitation and strong retention
- Master the rules of Tajweed
- Learn the spiritual benefits of the Qur’aan and its practical application
- A well-designed curriculum with benchmarks and a clear road-map, integrating technology into Qur’aan education
- Qualified Instructors & administrators
- Motivating spiritual learning environment with an emphasis on character building and leadership
- Emphasis on quality of memorization and recitation with proper Makharij and Tajweed.
- Student will be given an examination with the teacher after every Juz memorized. The student will only be allowed to move to the next Juz after reciting the Juz in its entirety to the teacher’s satisfaction as well as passing a random spot test of that Juz.
- After every 5 Juz’ memorized, students’ new lesson will be paused and there will be a cumulative exam by a guest instructor. Students will get a certificate of completion upon passing.
- The program is considered complete when the student does a minimum of 3 Khatmah (cycles) of the entire Qur’an. The student must recite with no more than 3 Hifdh mistakes per Juzz in the final cycle of revision.
- After graduating, the student is expected to revise the Quran throughout their life using the techniques learned from the program.
- Monday to Friday 7:30 AM - 12:15 PM Quran Session. 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM Secular Education
- 7:30 AM - 8:15 AM - Student will recite their new lesson
- 8:15 AM - 9:15 AM - Student will recite last 5 recently memorized lessons
- 9:15 AM - 9:30 AM - break
- 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM - PALCS Live session**(2 days a week for certain students as required by PALCS)
- 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM - Student will recite their revision
- 10:30 AM - 10:50 AM - Supplement Session (Tajweed and Tarbiyyah)
- 10:50 AM - 11:05 AM- Break
- 11:05 AM - 12:15 PM - Finish reciting revision and memorize their new lesson for next day
- 12:15 PM - 1:00 PM - Dhur and Lunch Break
- 1:00 PM – 4:00 PM - Secular Education
The Application Process:
- Parent fills out initial application online. Form is below. One application per child.
- IQRA Academy staff reviews application and schedules a Parent/student tour and an admissions interview with the Lead Hifdh Teacher. Evaluation will be done on the students reading level. Summer tajweed intensive program may be required if student needs it as a condition of acceptance.
- Parent is given a more detailed application to fill out. Letters of recommendations, transcripts are requested (if applicable).
- Parent is notified of decision.
- Parent must apply and be accepted into PALCS (for those of school age).
- Final acceptance is given once proof of cyber school acceptance is received.
We welcome you to apply below today!